Stephanie Badley, Arts University Bournemouth, 2017 The Patterns of Fashion Award
C1887-9 Day Dress V&A
Awards and bursaries
- Our Conservation Awards and Benefactors The Awards hosted by the Costume Society were made possible by three generous benefactors
- Awards and bursaries Details of the awards available to students and collections managers through the Costume Society.
- £5,000 grant available! Apply now for the Elizabeth Hammond Award This generous grant has recently been increased.
- Patterns of Fashion Award 2019 Announcing two new awards for 2019
- Awards for conservation of collections Apply now for the Elizabeth Hammond, Daphne Bullard, and Kathy Callow Awards
- The Museum Placement Award An award of £1,000 is available for a museum placement in 2018
- Our awards and bursaries for students Contact our awards co-ordinators for details of eligibility for two student bursaries
- 2015 Jubilee Award Impactful awards mark the Costume Society's 50th anniversary.
- The Yarwood Award Awarded annually to a student whose final project / dissertation deals with an aspect of the history of dress.
- The Patterns of Fashion Award For the best reproduction of a garment from Janet Arnold's Patterns of Fashion books.
- Museum Placement Award Funding a student volunteer working on a dress-related project in a public museum collection in the UK.
- The Conference Student Bursary Cover costs of attendance at the annual Conference
- Award winners Information about previous winners of the Society's bursaries and awards.