Stephanie Badley, Arts University Bournemouth, 2017 The Patterns of Fashion Award
C1887-9 Day Dress V&A
Grants and awards
- Our Collection Conservation Grants and Benefactors The Awards hosted by the Costume Society were made possible by three generous benefactors
- Current Student Awards and Conservation Grants Details of the awards and grants available to students and collections managers through the Costume Society.
- The Patterns for Performance Awards Patterns for Performance is a new strand for the Awards, encouraging students to design a period garment for a character in a performance.
- The Elizabeth Hammond Grant: past winners This generous grant has recently been increased.
- 2015 Jubilee Award Impactful awards mark the Costume Society's 50th anniversary.
- The Yarwood Grant formerly the Yarwood Award Closed for 2019. Awarded annually to a student whose final project / dissertation deals with an aspect of the history of dress.
- The Patterns of Fashion Award The Patterns of Fashion Award honours the work of the dress historian Janet Arnold (1932-1998), a founder member of the Society.
- The Museum Placement Award: past winners Funding is available to enable a student volunteer to work on a dress-related project in a public museum collection in the UK.
- Award winners Information about previous winners of the Society's bursaries and awards.