Costume Society Ambassadors, Costume Society, News | October 11, 2017
We Are Recruiting!
With the interest in the history of fashion and dress continuing to grow internationally, 2017 has continued to be another busy and innovative year for the Costume Society, UK.
The social media and digital efforts of our Ambassadors have played a central role in our society’s continued success in promoting the study and preservation of historic and contemporary dress, and we are looking to expand our team even further!
Our new cohort of Ambassadors will help us build our presence online, contribute writing for our blog, and develop content for our social media channels.
This is a voluntary post, but not without rewards! In exchange for your writing and social media skills you’ll get free Costume Society membership, two free Costume journals, priority tickets or free entry to events and subsidised travel (on application where numbers are limited). This is an opportunity for you to have your writing published for a large international specialist audience, to get involved with a prestigious organisation, and to expand your network of fashion experts and peers.
As an Ambassador, your responsibilities will include:
- One blog post every month, in accordance with Costume Society blog timetable.
- One Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest post a week, in accordance with Costume Society social media timetable.
- Adherence to Costume Society social media guidelines.
- Sharing Costume Society activities on all your favourite social media channels.
- If you receive a travel subsidy, you must write a blog post and promote the event.
- FREE Costume Society membership until Dec 2018.
- 2 FREE Costume journals.
- FREE entry or prioritized tickets to Costume Society events (on application where numbers are limited).
- Up to £100 toward travel to Costume Society events (through application in advance).
- You will receive the royal treatment at every event.
- You will be introduced to other members and encouraged to get involved.
HOW TO APPLY:
PLEASE NOT THAT THIS A VOLUNTARY POSITION
To be an Ambassador you simply need to have a passion for costume, fashion and textiles, and be willing and eager to promote these topics through academic and popular channels.
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining your social media experience and why you are interested in the Costume Society to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to submit a short sample blog post (500 words or less) on your topic of choice. It must illustrate your area of interest in the field of fashion, costume or historical dress and showcase your writing abilities.
We very much look forward to hearing from you. Please share this post if you know anyone who might like this fantastic opportunity to join us.