Costume Society Ambassadors, Costume Society, News | January 6, 2016
We Are Recruiting 10 Ambassadors For 2016
WE ARE RECRUITING 10 NEW COSTUME SOCIETY AMBASSADORS FOR 2016!
With the interest in the history of fashion and dress continuing to grow internationally, 2016 promises to be another busy and innovative year for the Costume Society, UK.
The social media and digital efforts of our Ambassadors will play a central role in our society’s continued success in promoting the study and preservation of historic and contemporary dress.
Our 2016 Ambassadors will help us build our presence online, contribute writing for our blog, and develop content for our social media channels.
This is a voluntary post, but not without rewards! In exchange for your writing and social media skills, you’ll get free Costume Society membership for 2016, two free Costume journals, and free entry and subsidised travel to Costume Society events (unless numbers are restricted). This is an opportunity for you to have your writing published for a large international specialist audience, to get involved with a prestigious organisation, and to expand your network of fashion experts and peers.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17TH JANUARY 2016.
Successful interviewees will be notified by email. Interviews will take place via Skype date to be confirmed. PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM THE UK.
AN AMBASSADOR'S RESPONSIBILITIES:
- One blog post every month, in accordance with Costume Society blog timetable.
- One Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest post a week, in accordance with Costume Society social media timetable.
- Adherence to Costume Society social media guidelines. Sharing Costume Society activities on all your favourite social media channels.
- If you receive a travel subsidy, you must write a blog post and promote the event.
- FREE Costume Society membership until Dec 2016.
- 2 FREE Costume journals.
- FREE entry to all Costume Society events (unless very limited numbers).
- Up to £100 toward travel to Costume Society events (through application in advance).
- You will receive the royal treatment at every event.
- You will be introduced to other members and encouraged to get involved.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining your social media experience and why you are interested in the Costume Society.
You will also need to submit a short sample blog post (500 words or less) on a subject you think will be of interest to the Costume Society UK, and that illustrates your area of interest in the field of fashion, costume or historical dress.
We very much look forward to hearing from you. Please share this post if you know anyone who might like this fantastic opportunity to join us during 2016.