Costume Society, News | April 15, 2019
Are you The Costume Society’s new programme organisers?
Are you the Costume Society’s new programme organisers?
The Costume Society seeks members to serve on our Programme Committee and help with planning a regular series of exciting and interesting events for members.
Our activities include several study days and events each year, such as historical reconstruction and costume making, behind-the-scenes tours in museums and special exhibition previews, as well as lectures on themes that encompass our members’ wide range of interests in social history, fashion, uniform and performance costume – past and present, around the globe.
• Attend the 3 annual meetings of the Costume Society Programme Committee (Saturday mornings; usually late Sept, late Jan, early May) in London (travel expenses reimbursed).
• Lead on one event per year, e.g.study day, visit to an exhibition, collection, studio etc • Support on one event per year, e.g.study day, visit to an exhibition, collection, studio etc
• Prepare text and images for marketing and publicity for the Society’s Newsletter and Website
• Contribute new ideas and fresh thinking about the Society's activities.
• Promote the society and support the delivery of its charitable aims. Qualities we seek:
• Well organised and efficient
• Experience with event organization, and use of Eventbrite
• Ability to lead and collaborate
• Enthusiastic and dynamic commitment to the Society's goals.
• An interest in or connection with clothing/costume/fashion, ie, design or production, collection or curation, studying or teaching, publishing or writing.
• Knowledge of and previous participation in the events of the Society.
• Be a current member of the Society.
To see the other members of the Executive Committee https://costumesociety.org.uk/about/executive-committee-2018-2019
Please e-mail the Costume Society Chair with an expression of interest, including a short CV or link to a profile - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitchurch Silk Mill in Hampshire featured on our events calendar in 2018
- Whitchurch Silk Mill in Hampshire
- Past events include Study days, behind the scenes visits and exclusive tours and viewings of exhibitions. Image: shoes from the V and A coll
- Behind the Scenes at the Clothworker's Centre, a past Costume Society event