Costume Society, News | May 7, 2019
Call for new elected members
New Elected Officers for the Costume Society Executive
The Costume Society seeks members to serve for three years (2019-2022) as Elected Officers on our Executive Committee.
Together with the Honorary Officers, the Elected Officers are the Trustees of the Costume Society in accordance with the Charity Commission.
We are looking for members to help with the running of the Costume Society, the organization and support of our many activities including the annual conference, study days and events; the journal, Costume; our three annual grants for research, conservation and curatorial experience, and two awards for performance costume design; and the expansion of our membership.
Duties • Attend the 3 annual meetings of the Costume Society Executive Committee (usually late Sept, late Jan, early May) in London (travel expenses reimbursed), and the AGM (at the annual conference usually held in June or July).
• Vote on the Executive Committee’s proposals, projects and financial decisions.
• Serve as a trustee, as defined by the Charities Commission, with responsibility for the Society's financial health, held jointly with the other 8 trustees.
• Contribute new ideas and fresh thinking about the Society's future.
• Promote the society and support the delivery of its charitable aims.
• Assist in expanding the Society's membership and audience.
Qualities we seek: • Enthusiastic and dynamic commitment to the Society's goals.
• An interest in or connection with clothing/costume/fashion, ie, design or production, collection or curation, studying or teaching, publishing or writing.
• Knowledge of and previous participation in the events of the Society.
• Be a current member of the Society.
To see the other members of the Executive Committee - http://costumesociety.org.uk/about/executive-committee-2018-2019
Please e-mail the Costume Society Chair with an expression of interest, including a short CV or link to a profile - firstname.lastname@example.org